when I got the email from Martha’s office to work on a craft, I jumped at the chance!
I have been in love with Martha Stewart Craft’s at Michaels for quite some time now.
So what to do with my big box of crafts…
with so many crafts out there for little girls I thought Henry (my 3 year old son) would love something with glitter and Halloween is right around the corner so why not a glitter monster bow tie.
Supplies I used:
1. Martha Stewart Craft’s 12 pack bright color glitter
2. Martha Stewart Craft’s glittering glue
3. Martha Stewart Craft’s multi-surface satin “wedding cake” paint
4. cutting knife
5. balsa wood (I used the 1/16 x 3 x 24 in board)
6. pin back
7. cutting mat
8. glue gun
10. small tip paint brush
1. Print the “free” template below and cut out your favorite monster.
2. Trace bow tie onto balsa wood.
3. Carefully cut out bow tie with cutting knife.
4. scribble back for easy transfer of eyes & mouth.
5. Flip the template over and line it up with the bow tie with a pencil trace over the eyes and teeth.
6. Paint eyes and teeth. I used “wedding cake” multi-surface satin paint by Martha Stewart Craft’s – let paint dry before applying glitter.
7. Use the Martha Stewart Craft’s Glitter Glue to go over the base of the bow tie except for the white eyes & teeth.
8. Apply the glitter.
9. I used the smaller tip glitter glue for the mouth and eye details.
10. After everything is dry flip over the bow tie and hot glue your pin back.
Henry loves his new Glitter Monster bow Tie.
Free Monster Bow Tie template: